Do you own a piece of Herkimer Diamond jewelry yet? These high energy crystals make a great alternative to traditional diamonds with their sparkly shine and ethical mining practices. Part of my new sustainably mined collection Herkimer Diamonds are over 500 million years old and remind you to embody your brilliance and let your true nature shine. Get to know these amazing stones a little bit more!
- They're not actually diamonds but a form of really clear crystal quartz that's only found in Herkimer County, New York, and the Mohawk River Valley.
- They're called "diamonds" not only because of their clarity, but also because when they are found, they look like someone faceted them—but they are naturally "faceted" with double termination points.
- In the late 18th century workers cutting into the valleys Dolostone discovered them in large quantities and geologists began mining there.
- Other double-pointed quartz crystals have been found in abundance in Tibet and Afghanistan, as well as in other countries, but cannot be considered Herkimer "diamonds" and generally do not have the same high quality or shine as a true Herkimer.
- These high energy, powerhouse crystals encourage new beginnings, clear the mind of unconscious fears and allow for expansion of life energy.
- Looking to maintain connection when you're apart from the ones you love? Herkimer's help you attune to another, hold the stones together then each of you retains one.
- You can infuse them with love, well being or any well wished you desire and can always draw upon these wishes in times of need.
I love the idea of giving Herkimers to close friends, as a token of commitment or even as an alternative option for a wedding ring.
I'm so excited to announce that the new Herkimer Diamond collection is now available online! Check it out here